Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kidney stones anyone?

Well, these past 2 weeks have been
hellish with the plumbing below. At
1st I thought I had an UTI again but
after taking some antibiotics which made
me really sick and the pain was getting
worst. The urologist's office pushed back
my cat scan from next Tues to earlier
today to find out what the heck was
wrong with me.
Looks as if I passed kidney stones earlier
this week. Yes it was painful and the
worst of its over now, *whew!* I am
lucky though because mine were quite
small compared to some other people.
There is no more blood in my urine and
my bladder and kidneys look primo!
It was my 1st time having a cat scan
and I must say my tech was the meow!
She was awesome and knowing I was
Deaf decided to use a system where she
dimmed the lights and used a flash light
to signal when I should take deep breaths
and release the breaths too. Awesome lady!
Anyhoo, previously there were calcium
deposits noted either in my kidneys or
bladder, I can't remmy which and now
there are none. Yay! I am however left
with a bitter yeast infection from the
antibiotics (ironic because it made me
so sick! Doh! Double whammy!) today
was the 1st day I felt good in a while.
I am fortunate it happened now and not
next week.

Tomorrow I will go to the PA reinfaire, 1st
time in like 2 decades I've attended the
medieval festival in this state. MD's version
is ok. NYC version is weak! Can't wait to
check it out tmw and see my DB friend
Martin and my Deaf friend Blake. Will
be fun going to various shows that have
ASL terps ready! "Oh ye miserable wrench
fetch me ale!" or in my case hard cider, yum!

No comments: