Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Cluster headaches

For the past week ore more, I've been having
on-going cluster headaches. The last episode
lasted 3 days! And last night it started up
again. Its debilitating and really wrecks
havoc on my plans. For example last week
I had to cancel with Mom and my aunt Nancy.
Today again because I didn't sleep well due
to the pain behind my left eye/temple area
I had to cancel on Mom again! Very annoying
to have my life interrupted with this cluster
headache :( I've been taking aspirin and using
nasal sprays in case my sinus is also causing
the severe pain? Nothing is helping and it
makes me nauseous too. Thank goodness my
Mom completely understood but still it makes
me feel like a heel to cancel again. I MUST go
tmw and see her, headache or not!

In other news Hanover Dutch day wasn't
as interesting as I had hope. I thought there
would be more artwork instead of
pre-manufactured country goods which isn't
considered art to me. Don't get me a wrong
a few vendors had their own art work for sale.
The high light of Hanover Dutch day was the
food and antique cars. Nancy was in 7th
Heaven after eyeing (er drooling) over her
dream car, a Chrysler Concord, an 85 I think?
The color was yucky but that didn't put a
damper on the heart shapes flying off of her :]
Uncle David seemed to like some of the cars
too. We also drove by their old house and
it was a nice day. Then that evening Uncle
Robbie and his clan came by and we watched
Kung Fu Panda which was light and fun.
Who doesn't love Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman,
Jackie Chan and David Cross just to name a
few of the star studded voice actors.

Sunday Baba took me out for a real treat
at Marshalls where we brought a new summer
blankets and a matching set of towels. I was
a very happy camper. Marshalls has some real
cute affordable stuff for home furnishing in
addition to clothes and accessories.

Last night despite my headache, the 3 of
us (Jack, Baba & I) watched a movie
called "The Siege" about Islamic terrorist
activities in NYC which I think was made
back in 97/98, a few years before 9-11
happened. How eerie is that? If you haven't
seen this film, it is a MUST. Bruce Willis
plays the Army General and as always plays
the cold hard ass type perfectly. Denzel
Washington and Tony Shalhoub are the main
stars and give a tremendous performance.

Well its August the 3rd already! By far, despite
some health issues and not being able to go to
Maine for the literacy camp or WV for a volunteer
opportunity this has been 1 of the best summers
of my life. The free time has been such a blessing.
Not having to go to work or plan lessons or deal
with the usual stress has been wonderful. I have
1 month of freedom left and I hope it doesn't go
by too fast!?! In less than 2 weeks my friend Ellie
will visit, yay! Then at the end of August my DB
friend Martin will come. I am excited for both of
my friends to see my hometown and meet my
family. Plus on the 19th I will get to meet my
friend Karen in Hershey for a few hours too and
hear about her new motherhood and being
married less than a year. Her life has changed
dramatically in the past year and a half and its
amazing to be on the sideline watching.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Any year AMC Concord with a 258!! drooldrool. ( I told Dave that he said I could have one when he was half asleep and he didn't buy it. My dear is no chump) and please don't feel bad about a cancel. we want you to feel better. <3, N