Friday, February 25, 2011

Ted Bundy

Tonight Jack & I watched a movie called and about Ted Bundy which was fascinating! I remember my family talking about Ted Bundy when I was a little kid in the kitchen at the old house. I knew he was a big deal but I never really knew why. The term serial killer was first used to describe Ted Bundy. And how he lured his victims, wow. Sick man. The movie never explains why he's acts this way, it starts off when he's an adult. Poor Jack being hearing and all, he could hear the thuds, whack, pounding where I watched them being closed captioned. He shudder a lot in this movie so if a guy like that can get my man to have the heebie jeebies, you know Ted Bundy is ALL bad news. He was electrocuted at age 42. At the end of the movie they claimed he had over 200 women write to him in prison who all said they loved him. Like he's was a rock star or something and here's his groupies, VErY weirD! And a little mind boggling that there are women out there that find the quality of brutalizing serial killings of other women as attractive and desirable trait in a man. According to wiki and the movie I watched tonight, both mentioned his love for skiing. That's what I remember now, I remember thinking he died in some skiing related accident. Even now I can pull a clear cut memory of looking at a newspaper photo of him where he was skiing. I also remember my family were talking about the fact he died in my early teens. All these years I just never really knew is importance. It's good to find out why. He had the typical "f*cked up" childhood and was unable to master social norms needed for successful mainstreaming. Oddly he was even more cruel to the few younger victims, 2 girls age 17, one was even 12. The frequency of his murders was unbelievable and couldn't happen that way today. If you look at his photo, you'd never think a nice looking face was that horrific. Goes to show, we never really know who someone is behind closed doors where no one is watching them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The face is not looking so nice