Sunday, October 21, 2012

So last night was Red Hots Mom's 50th bday! Both Blondie and I stopped by Pylones in Grand Central after a professional paid film gig and brought a small gift and later a card! I heart Red Hots' Mom whom bday we were celebrating. She and I hit it off from the git go last winter when we first met. And then for her bday dinner we got to eat BBQ how could I be disappointed after bbq ribs? I wasn't!
After we ate we went to Coyote Ugly bar to continue the celebration. A cutie in the mohawk brought me a shot and then another cuttie name Joe born in Long Island and grew up in Brooklyn was fun to flirt with! Red Hots was a terrific wingman and it helps when you have a friend to help you get conversations going :)
Friday was not a great day for me. I accidently for the 1st time ever locked myself out out of my apartment in the Bronx while moving my car to the opposite side of the street for street cleaning and to avoid a parking ticket. This is when I realize no apt keys?!! I sped off to Blondies place and ended up waking V's kids who were so sweet & let me in to contact Blondie & Goddess Rose (who was the only person with a spare copy of my apt key!) Luckily Goddess Rose was around and was able to meet me and Blondie. We drove in the rain back to the Bronx where Rose was waiting for me. How lucky can I be?
Then Friday night Blondie and I walked over to Inwood to visit Lisa Simpson and eat Thai! We played a game called Mexican train dominoes which Blondie really enjoyed yay!
Blondie and I had a professional film gig we had to do this weekend which really got complicated as every passing hour. Glad to say despite the amount of time and effort we had to give up in order to do it, we got it done. I learned a lot from the project and what I would do differently next time. Either way to be behind a camera again takes me to the moon and back. I have been recruiting a film team for the past few weeks. I have found a set designer (Blondie), editor (Lisa Simpson) and I was thinking of seeing how my friend King would like to be involved? Normally she performs/acts but I will ask her if she liked to do something behind the scenes? I need a person who secures the cast as well as a kraft person. I also need someone who wants to either direct and I shoot or I direct and they shoot the footage? Lastly and most importantly I need a story to film! I already decided that if a Deaf friend or peer has a great story idea but trouble writing the script, no problem I would be happy to create the script with them. Its not hard at all. I realized in the past I did it all myself and didn't delegate or create a team to help me with the projects. This time I am and I plan to do this after the holidays, sometime in Jan or early Feb. It will be a good time to do it then because everyone will need a pick me up and making a movie is FUN.
In other news I am bouncing back pretty quickly for someone who got dumped only 2 weeks ago. I think the key is to allow yourself time to wallow and vent which I did to anyone who offered to let me. Plus using online forums was also very helpful to talk with others going through the same experience as I am.  I'll never forget how wonderful family & friends have been to me. I am one of the luckiest people I know. As I never feel alone really. I always have someone to reach out to, email, call through video phone, text, write letters/cards and see in person.
I haven't been thinking much about Mr. Handsome anymore. After being vindicated by a friend that my suspicious on his behavior were indeed validate I know now I really didn't do anything wrong and he blew it. It does upset me because I felt he never gave me a real chance because he was still in contact with his ex the WHOLE time! Anyways it makes no difference now, as he is no longer a part of my life and never will be.
Been working on grades and lesson plans today not very exciting but certainly productive. Soon have to start grading a batch of written midterms. For the next 3 weeks I will be in the midst of that, what joy.
Halloween is right around the corner. I have seriously thought of doing the zombie bit again but haven't committed to it 100% yet. But in a way would kind of reflect the past few weeks where I felt kind of dead inside but I appeared to be alive on the outside...My neck has been acting up a lot, I realize when I am overly stressed I tense/clench up. I have to mentally remind myself to relax and lower my shoulders. I reek of tiger balm and icy hot a lot of the time. I dont care it works and I am trying to 'listen' to my body more :)

No comments: