Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Been in a coma, reads a card of a woman

Finally feeling like I'm rested I think? The past two days now I've been sleeping my days away! I was so surprised today after I got up at 11:00 am to move my car to avoid getting a parking ticket. I went to the nearby pathmark to buy groceries because it was slim pickings here. Got lots of fruits to snack on this week. Came home, unloaded my car and got the perishable put away in the fridge. Decided to take a nap, thinking an hour or two when 5 hours flew by and the next thing I know it's evening. Figured no point in fighting my body when clearly I needed the rest.
Lesson learned that for any long distance traveling I must give myself at least a day or two to recover. So glad I'm off from work till September!
Tomorrow though I must return to the land of the living. Got to run to the post office, make some phone calls. Meeting Lisa Simpson at 5 pm to go swimming and Mama Duck at 9 downtown LES for some fun and catching up :-)
The pain has subsided a lot in the past 24 hrs. My neck is still tender and upper back and shoulder hurt a little. Not as much as yesterday.
Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you rested up. I think long trips should be ruled out for the time being. I didn't realize you were still in pain. Now, I hate to think of you driving home next week. What to do. What to do. Love you, Baba