Monday, July 21, 2014

You've got a friend from Pennsylvania

It's so depressing to be catching up on the news after such a wonderful week with the Maine gang! I feel sorry for the victim Eric Garner from SI who died from most likely the illegal choke hold a NYPD officer used during a takedown. I know he was a big guy but NO ONE should be subjected to a choke hold during an arrest or takedown.
I had such a wonderful week with Ronnie, Doogie Howser, Dar Dar, Knob, Karman and so many others. From painting a lake with a dock, or in my case skyline and a boat. To working on the book and making new friends, to witnessing a tragedy right before it all began and helping out my friend who's heart is broken and wounded and helping her laugh here and there. And swimming at night in the lakes even though it was chilly, the locals all say the same thing "the water is like bathwater, you'll get used to it quick!" They were right! I was proud I brought my bathing suit because I know Maine culture and all ;) to trying moonshine for the first time and warming up to gluten free diets. It was an unforgettable week.
I was also thrilled and honored to film Ronnie's wedding and the day before. I love documenting an experience. Especially for people I love and consider family. <3 I posted some photos from the past week below, you can see Ronnie was a gorgeous bride and we all had a blast! I'm still on such a "high" from a great week in Maine. I really can't recall when I haven't had a good time there. Maine's state motto is correct, "Maine, the way life should be." Then again when you look at my home state motto it's fitting too. "You've got a friend in Pennsylvania." :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing photos of the wedding. You look beautiful. Love you, Baba