Friday, July 25, 2014

Stardate report 62514

In a short bit I plan to catch the new movie Hercules with Lisa Simpson. So far my summer break has been fan-effing-tas-tik! I finally got to the post office this morning when I got up to move the car. I went to a location in Yonkers. I realize NYC post office are dreadful to deal with. Long lines, not overly helpful postal employees and the difficulty with parking if I happen to be in my car. Anyways a graduation photo of my aunt who passed away not all that long ago :( to her one of her daughters in California so they can make copies of their own and use the photo for their memorial service. I think while I'm in town Baba and I should have one of our own. I can't begin to imagine the hole she left behind in Baba's heart :(
There's also another ugly mess left to be dealt with by Ronnie and Dr Doogie Howser. Just a real shame when death brings out the love ones worst behavior especially as they grieve. I'm glad my family nuclear or extended do not generally act like a pack of baracudas!
On to other more cheerful news.
I'm looking forward to a follow up date tomorrow. I wonder how it will go? I have no expectations at all. My new friend from last night wants to set me up with one of his good friends. I am flattered. I'm still not used to getting a lot of attention. The other night I needed a jump start to my car. Somehow on Monday morning I hit the interior light on and it drained the battery. So I knew not to bother calling AAA as I already have my own jumper cables (it's like American express to me, don't leave home without it!) And I popped up the hood. Waited patiently as I knew I had a primo parking spot and someone who's eager enough to get it, gotta jump me first. Plus I'm cute that helps. Less than 2 minutes, duh it's the Bronxs, always someone around. A SUV pulled up with I think 2 guys and 3 girls squeezed in the back, all probably mid 20s. The hottie with the muscles gets right out after they had pulled up to inquire for the space. He happily set up the cables. I thought they wanted my spot because there's a relatively new Tango Salsa place that opened up nearby. So Wed-Sun parking after 11 pm is problematic. No turns out the guy is my neighbor after I said I lived in the neighborhood and was getting ready to go out and meet friends. He flirty adds that he's seen me around in the neighborhood and also lives nearby. I told him next time he sees me to say hi. I'm enjoying getting to slowly know my neighbors.
Well sure enough after I got all the way down to Soho area and was catching up with my friend my battery kind of flaked out again. So Mama Duck gets all militant and starts quacking orders to me and I'm like, it's my car I'll deal with it. Once again a different muscle ave flashy smile cutie helps me out when I repeated my earlier steps of getting the cables and hood up. I feel so lucky to have good karma. Then on the train yesterday as I mad a mad dash to get to an event all the way down to Soho again! I was riding the D train which I rarely when a guy on the train, thug looking if you will helps me out when I smiled at him and walks me to where I can take the 4 train from that station before heading home himself. Surely I'm lucky. Anyways I get to the Apple Store, and I missed the event entirely but I did get to meet a celebrity name Nat Faxon from the tv series called Married. Plus there were many upper crust stores like Fendig (sp?) Prada, Ralph (as in barf) Lauren and one of my favorites Michael Kors to shyme around in. All in all I had a grand time with friends too!

No comments: