Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I feel beta

soon to be back in alpha mode and back into the swing of life. Its amazing how fragile our bodies are and what happens when we don't heed to its warnings. I shouldve, couldve, wouldve but didnt and it cost me 1.5 days of work! I got a nice email from Baba telling me not to wait so long next time and I wont because now that I have a place to go and a doctor assigned to me, I wont be so hesitant to see one. I really liked the William Ryan Center, they couldve made me feel like a 2nd class citizen but they didnt. In a place like NYC, you have to marvel at the level of care and compassion I was given yesterday :) Plus it helps to have a boyfriend who shuffled along side me to the infirmary, then to the apt, back out again to the Clinic and then to Drug Reade. Basically giving up his day for me to help me out.

I also recieved a lovely thank you note from Peep. I was touched and I am glad she s doing so well. I was in much worse shape then she is in considering that its only been a few months since her breakup. Shes a smart girl because she walked away. I didn't. I always wondered why I didnt stand up for myself as a kid and again when I saw my own relationship going down the toilet. Am I one of those captains who drowns with their ship? For me, I think I was naive in the fact, that I thought love conquers all. If there is enough love, you can get through anything. But I have since re-evaluated that claim and realize its not love but commitment that sees through the trials and tribulations of the affairs of the heart. Besides love doesn't put bread on the table. Its hard work, a level of respect and a commitment to work through the bad as well as the good. Knowing Peep she will enjoy this time being single. I sure did enjoy the 4 years I was. There's something to be said for only having to worry about one's self.

Clyde recieved good news today, he is moving into his new one bedroom apt downtown in the finacial district. I am happy because he had also considered Roosevelt Island but changed his mind when the suburban mentality became glaringly clear. I don't blame him. Who wants a socceer mom and a PTA dad deciding whether he can live? Nah, I want him to live somewhere where his American dollars and credibility speaks for itself. Not where I have to worry about their percieved notion of his ethnic, race, creed and or nationality and if it fits in with theirs. He is thrilled to finally be settling down and have an address to call his own. I know the feeling, 3 months of not knowing where I would settle down did a number on my nerves. Its good to see Clyde in such good spirits.

The antibiotics are working their magic :)

No comments: