Wednesday, December 06, 2006

ASL Pro

There's a wonderful site you can go to called ASL Pro where you can register and create tests under the "Quiz Me" section. I find it to be very useful. I hope they will add on a feature that allows you to quiz your students on phrases and sentences. I will write to them, suggesting that idea. There is also another nifty section on fingerspelling, that you can pick, slow, medium or fast to practice your finger spelling reception skills.

I have an appt with a special after effects editor this friday, he only charges $25 per hour and I think he could get all of the effects done within 2 to 3 hours. I am so jazzed to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. The same goes for my website, the only thing left to do is add my team bios, additional photos and the trailers and then I can finally unveil my website for my movie, wheee as Ronnie always says.

Class last night was relatively painless. The students turned in their final exams and it was a short class. I am concerned about one student who hasnt been handing in her work, I will have to speak to my supervisor about seeing if she qualifies for an incomplete or??

Right now am at work and working on my lesson plan for tonight's class. My supervisor will be observing so I am already working on keeping my mouth (lips) from moving when I sign because it is consider cheating when you mouth the words and the students don't learn as effectively that way.

I love Farscape, they have the best swear words like "What the Yotz are you doing?" "What the Frell is going on!!" also when the other shipmates (various aliens) try to repeat whatever the human (John Critchon) says like Chicken Soup, it comes out as "Zeekin Zoop" and so on. And I thought us deafies had it bad...

No comments: