Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Damn the man

Who created cinnamon rolls! McDonalds in
the past year added cinnamonmelts to
their menu and lately I've been ordering
that for breakfast when I'm at Penn Station
going to NJ! Bad idea I know but damn the
cinnamonmelts are GOOD! I will just do
a little more walking ;-)

Yesterday I stopped by Cains place for a
short visit. We watched a show called
America's Most Hated Family! It was
about a church group/cult in Westboro,
Kansas (I think?) that preaches "God
Hates Fags!" and that they rejoice when
soldiers die over in Iraq because it is
"God's Will." Very interesting, tight-knit
group of narrow minded individual who
when confronted with their illogical belief
systems often balk with replies like "I
don't want to talk about it anymore." Or
"that's a silly question." Or even better,
"Any real human being on this earth would
know the bible backwards and forward."
This group isn't even interested in re-
cruiting new members, just interested in
picketing, blaming the Jews for Christ's
death. The church leader/pastor is one
angry man with too much power among
his followers. If you get a chance to catch
this program, I recommend you do because
this group makes the mormons look like
saints!

On a different note, Cain offered to let
Jack and I use his apt for a month. He's
leaving next Tues and returns March 8th.
This is PURR-fect timing! It buys Jack
& me an additional 3 weeks! Now I can
get my deposit back and use it for a new
apt in March/April. Part of me wants to
stay in Manhattan but only if the rent
is affordable and that the apt has SPACE.
Otherwise, it has to be Queens!

Today my Uncle David is having Gall-bladder
surgery. I hope things go by without any
trouble. My uncle David is such a good guy.
When I was little he would play 'Pretend'
with me. I wanted to be Wonder Woman, I
think I made him into Spiderman, I can't
recall the details, only his willingness to
entertain me when I was small and often
easily bored (same holds true today for
my ability to become bored/restless fast-
its the ADD).

This week is the beginning of a new
semester at the school where I student
teach. Its nice because I'm being exposed
to 3 different new classes. Plus my
coorperating teacher is actually using my
suggestion of a reward system for class
room management. With kids you have to
give them an incentive. School is like work.
When we go to work, we get paid or some
kind of reward. I think the same applies
to kids. A reward or possibility of a reward
helps kids to stay focus on a task when
they stray from the intended goal. It really
helped me when I worked at MSD.

Man, its rainy here, makes everything look
so bleak, bah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonder Woman turned 61 today! Sort of loses some of its magic. Ah...old age. The cure for the middle age blahs.