Thursday, October 08, 2009

3rd time a charm?

Well we didnt get the place on the east side, my income level didn't qualify
:( Both Jack and I are dissapointed but in some ways relieved because while the location was GREAT. The apt was tiny! I had some concerns my queen size bed wouldn't fit the bedroom. Lesson learn, do not apply for an apt when you're not 100% sure and totally in love with it. We've now wasted almost $200 in application fees *grr* today Jack stumbled on an ad for Williamsburg in Brooklyn, a 2 bedroom that from the photo looks great. He will call and make an appt for this Saturday evening and we will go and look at the apt. This time we will take the application with us and decide on Sunday whether we want to apply or not. Its very close to Manhattan and near the L train which would be great for me. If we decide not to pursue this apt, we will wait till Jan/Feb to start looking again. We can't afford to keep applying and wasting $$. No sireee.

This week has been pretty good, one thing tho Ive noticed is everyone seems TIRED. The bad economy is taking a toll on everyone. There is more hostility in the air and sense of hopelessness that I've only experience as a child during the Reagan years and the recession and even then it wasn't as visible. I know the whole country is suffering but its not visible or as apparent as it is in the bigger cities. Each day I walk out my door to see beggars and crazies talking to themselves and stores closing all over the place. I see it in people's eyes both despair and apathy, a real shame in my opinion. And I feel it when I am teaching too. The other night I told Jack is it me this year not being a good teacher or what? And he simply replied, its the economy, not YOU! Even my happy-go lucky co-worker Will is blah. The past 2 weeks when I ask him how he's doing he says I'm hanging in there, working and doing what I gotta do to live...wow from Will thats unusual.

This weekend I am terping for my friend Martin part of the Sukkot services. I enjoy this very much because no where else do I get to enjoy my Jewish identity with deafies like I do here. Don't get me wrong my Uncle David's and Baba's temple is wonderful and I enjoy spending Passover there (I will not be missing this year, I missed last year and really regretted it).

Next weekend I will be in PA, Pah! I miss my family a lot, and thank my lucky stars they are mine. I plan to take Mom to Red Lobster for lunch as a belated bday present. I must also txt msg Paula to let her know I will be in town too, perhaps we can go out and play some pool? see see? I plan to go back again the 1st weekend of Nov for the Greek Bazar. Mom says she may go too and I am a little worried because its VERY crowded there but if we all go early enough we should be ok? I will see if Nancy with David and Bobby are going again this year and coordinate our attendance together. And when I go, I am NOT counting points on the day of the Greek Bazar, its been 5 weeks on the WW diet and I can almost fit back into my size 8! Me is the Happy!

No comments: