Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Some spare change

Well I've reached a place where I now actually
have $$$. Not a lot granted but some spare
change here and there. It feels good to finally
earn a decent living!

As for my recent posting I did what I said and
stood my ground in an issue that was several
years old. I think I got it resolved to my
satisfaction level, only time will tell. The
only hint I will give is this; ASL.... and er
*coughs coughs, Jack, coughs*...if you
know me than you'll be able to figure it
out. If you don't, tough noggins! As kids
like to say, "mind your own beeswax!"

I am still on my diet but not doing as good
as before. Last weekend I sort of let go but
in my defense aunt flo is coming and that
always amps my appetite. But yes I can
now pretty much fit into my size 8s! Whee!
It took I guess 6-7 weeks or so. Now I
hafta maintain which is gonna be hard to
do this weekend when I am in MD for
Karen's wedding! The bachelorette party
will have pizza and then of course the next
day will be the wedding and the reception
as well as a cookout that night *mouth
waters*...I LOVE cookouts, baked beans,
grilled meats, potato salads, pickles,
corn on the cobs...yum but damn too!
Why oh why does food taste so good?!

Baba was such a sweetheart recently
and had my grad school diploma framed.
It sure looks spifty. On top of that, she sent
back the acer laptop with Jack for me to use
for lesson plans and believe me I will!
Baba is too good to me, my life would
be terribly empty without her in it. Not
because of the things she buys (and
spoils me with) but because she
along with Mom are always by my side,
even from afar. I emailed Baba the other
day and wrote, "no matter how old I get,
I will never be old enough to not have
you in my life! So stick around, will ya!"
She wrote back and assured me her
health is great and she even has some
of her energy back. Partly because she
is setting aside a few days a week where
she doesn't make ANY plans, those days
are for her ONLY. To rest and do what
SHE WANTS and she should!

My classes this week went by so quickly
and here I am getting ready to teach 1
more time tonight. This morning it was
awesome seeing my ASL level 1 students
having conversations! I mean at the beginning
of Sept they couldn't even fingerspell! Now
they talk about what they like to eat, where
to eat, about school and hobbies too! Fun
and extremely rewarding!

Lastly hip hip hooray for the government
finally is easing up on the marijuana
medical laws. As NY congressman
Hinchey said "Common sense won over
ideological stubbornness as our
nation's law enforcement agency
formally adopted a new and well-
balanced policy on medical marijuana
use." Amen! As someone who is
allergic to pain meds such as the
coveted codeine and vicodin this
is good news! I have always wondered
what I do when I am older and have
certain aches or conditions what my
options will be? Now I know my future
holds more choices that reflect
modern age, not the medieval times
where the "Devil made me do it!"

No comments: