Thursday, October 01, 2009

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Tmw night, Jack and I have an appt to look at an apt on the east side. He went to see it last night and loves it! Reason why is the layout is an actual apt layout meaning the rooms are separated into their own components rather than just 2 rooms with the living room being the kitchen, dinning and living area along with a bedroom. Rather this apt actually separates the kitchen from the living room and all of the rooms are BIG! The only drawback is NO dishwasher but you know what, we've decided we will just buy one when money permits later this winter if we get the apt?

What's even better is the fact it is only $70 a month more than what we pay now but the neighborhood is a MILLION times better than where are are currently. A ton of restaurants and shops nearby. We drove around last night to scope out the neighborhood and we both are in LOVE! Tmw night we will turn in the application along with the application fee and a deposit to hold the apt, yay! I feel very confident we will be approved but I don't want to get too ahead of myself and will not be able to relax until I know for SURE its ours?!

In other news, I finally signed up for basic health insurance at my new teaching job. It will be approximately $132 a month which is quite reasonable and now when I get sick I don't have to run home to PA anymore but I just might anyways because Mom and Baba always take such good care of me. I'd have to find out if the doctor back in my hometown take my insurance or not? The insurance will become effective by Oct 15th!

A lot of new and exciting things are coming my way, it sure makes up for the hard summer when I was struggling so much financially. I am also staying true to my diet and this Saturday will mark 4 weeks since Ive started.

On Saturday evening I will get to see Joe Joy! I havent seen him in forever! We will have dinner and then attend NYC DPHH. Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

I am so happy for you. It sounds like a great apartment, I hope you get it. Give my love to Joe Joy and Jack. Still love you best.

Mom

Anonymous said...

did you get it? hopehope. nancy