Monday, November 23, 2009

Let it snow!

Rumor has it it will snow on Thanksgiving!
Oh how I hope it does. Sure I realize for
those who have to drive in it, not fun! But
us pedestrians, its a winter wonderland.

Im riding the train to PA to start my
Thanksgiving break and it could not have
come sooner! I am ready for the semester
to be over. Its not that I don't enjoy teaching,
I do but working 3 jobs at 4 locations can
wear out a girl like me.

Had a blast last Saturday at Deaf bingo
with Szymanski. She won $25! Lucky b-itch!
Everyone there thought I was hearing and
an ASL student, hmph! Just because a deafie
chooses to dress nice doesn't make them
hearing. Although even when I dress down I
still get that despite using ASL and making
an effort not to mouth as I sign, I still get
the "you hearing?" greetings. Ah, I just have
to accept my fate, ill never be "deaf enough"
to deafies and "hearing enough" to hearies..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just don't get the not deaf enough business. But I guess I should because there are people who don't think I'm Christian enough. Nor the pride stuff. I'm only proud of things I worked for. We are of Scots heritage but I'm neither proud nor ashamed. It's just there. I'm proud of the kiddo because I've worked hard with him and he really tries. Thank you for dealing well with our pigin-sign. We do try. See you in two days. Can't wait.
Nancy