Saturday, July 31, 2010

Paws the movie

Well despite being hounded by a headache
from hell the past few days I am happy to
report I did some editing yesterday afternoon.
I worked on my movie Paws! Yep, and got
some much needed scenes out of the way.
I always dread editing because its time
consuming but once I start I enjoy it so much.
If you like jig saw puzzles then you would
like editing because its a matter of putting
the pieces together and shaving off the
excess materials. I do have a hard time
slimming non-essential scenes such as one
in which the main character comes home,
greets his dog, gets the leash and exits his
apt with the dog. Do I need all of this or
don't I? This is what differentiates amateurs
and professional filmmakers. Despite having
directed, shot and edited over 20 movies,
I still struggle with this area. I am determined
to finish this movie before Sept 2nd! I read
somewhere once if you declare a deadline
publicly you're more likely to complete
your project than when you don't.

I am excited because finally (Pah!) for my
birthday Baba will be getting me a digital
camcorder of my very own! No more borrowing
videocameras! Its amazing how much I was
able to do without one! I think for my next
film project I want to do a documentary
style one related to Deaf culture. I don't
want to give away the details yet. And there
is one story I have had simmering on the
back burner of my brain for the past 4 years
but it would require a lot of support and
commitment. Perhaps if I write the script
during the school year I can shoot it next
summer, see see?

Today Jack and I joined Nancy & David to
a mini trip to Hanover for their annual
"Dutch Hanover Day." Lots of good food,
arts to look over, antique cars to ooh and
ahh at :] we should be there soon!
Tonight Rob, Maria and their boys are
coming by for ice cream and a movie at Baba's.
An awesome day ahead of me.

Tmw my goal is to rest and to edit Paws
some more. Feel free to leave me comments
encouraging me to edit and finish Paws once
and for all!

1 comment:

deafeningchameleon said...

Too bad you haven't written on your blog in a while but thank you for the compliment :)
-DC