Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I LOVE

Snow days!
My sinuses have knocked me off my feet
since last Friday and having the day off
today has been wonderful. I've alternated
with cleaning and watching the 1st
season of "Dexter." Its a Showtime
original series about a "good-hearted"
killer. I am HOOKed. What can I say I've
always been drawn to morbid stuff, when
I was a teenager I spent a lot of time
reading about real life serial killers.
One of my earliest majors was
Criminal Justice. I wanted to study
the minds of murders and what makes
them that way? What percentage is
due the environment (nurture) vs nature?
Somehow once I transferred to Gallaudet
and they didn't have a CJ program I
switch to Psychology instead. Makes me
wonder if they had had that major
how different my life would've been?
Nonetheless I am glad I didn't maintain
that direction, I think it would've been
extremely depressing. Our current
criminal justice system is obviously
not working. It seems neither harsh
punishment nor rehabilitation has
been effective in reducing crime.
I don't know what the answer is but
I am glad its not a part of my
professional career.

So snow, snow away. Give me more
hours to study for my 1st quiz!
Help me memorize the body cavities
and their organs. Along with all the
anatomical terms and sectional planes.

Lastly as I write Baba and Jack are
"a-hunting" (imitates elmur fudd) for
an used car for me. Jack sent me a
bunch of links with car possibilities
over the last 24 hours. While I really
want a ford mustang its not in the
price range. It looks like at this
present time a choice between a
Jetta or an Eclipse. See see....

1 comment:

Jack said...

Not so much budget as there aren't any electric blue Ford Mustangs with an automatic transmission. Anyway, your Passat is much better with auto dimming mirrors, auto temp control, rain sensing wipers, heated seats, automatic heated folding side mirrors, active stability control, etc etc etc etc etc. Only thing that's missing is a HEMI, but we already have one of those :)