Monday, January 24, 2011

A worthwhile day

I spent the day doing lessons for both of the
schools I teach at. Got 2 week's worth done.
This makes me very happy not to have to
worry about what I will teach for the next
2 weeks. Even though it wasn't long ago
that I wasn't in the mood to go back
to work. But I am glad I still enjoy teaching
a lot. I really care on the ability to make my
class stimulating as we'll as effective
instructions. I still need to research different
teaching styles. In a way it is good being
a student again, I see my teachers
in a much different light than before. I
still don't like the new online Blackboards
though. And I hate having to set up new
templates every semester :( blah!

In other news, Netflix is painfully but slowly
getting on board with online viewing options
in terms of subtitles. And under the option of
instant viewing, Starz has a good
share of subtitled movies to chose from. Its a
hit or miss. You have to check each movie
to see if under streaming it even has
SUBTITLES? If yes, you're good
to go. So far I haven't been able to watch
any tv shows. My guess is they rely
heavily on CC than subtitles. This
means Netflix hasn't gotten the codec
for CC yet. As to why? I don't know.

I did some reviewing on A&P tonight
and right now what I have left to
cover and learn is the body's
main cavities and sub cavities.
Specifically what organs they
contain? Memory has never been
my forte. I think I actually need to use
a concrete, tactile model than
relying on the illustrations from
the text book. A 3-D concept
would help me a lot. I have a
quiz this coming Thursday and I
really want to do well.

Alrighty, good-night to everyone
in cyberland :}

No comments: