Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fried bananas!

So I brought some bananas the other day
but of course haven't finished eating them.
I am picky about eating banana, I only eat
them when they've just ripened. You know
when they turn from green to yellow?
Without any brown spots, yum yum. But
once they're really ripe I either make
banana bread or throw them out. Last
night however I googled "what to do
with ripe bananas?" and found a very
simple recipe for fried banana. Just throw
in some butter into a frying pan, sprinkle
cinnamon and brown sugar, then add
banana which I cut in 1/2 and then into
1/4 pieces. Fry em up and viola!
So tonight after class I came home
and decided to try it as a little treat
and boy oh boy, delicious! The recipe
also says to drizzle honey but I didn't
like the way it taste with honey, it
doesn't need it if you ask me.

And did it snow last night? Not a mere
3-5 inches but someone told me 19
inches was measured in Central Park
and I believe it!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Try putting just orange juice in the pan and cooking them that way. yum.