Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Jittery

I totally forgot I have an audition tonight. I replied to one ad for a part as an extra. I think its the one where its being shot in a restuarant during a business lunch meeting? Or is it a corportation setting, I am not sure.

Nyhoo I just expected to get the shoot date and details about what I should wear, show up, do what they ask, sign a release form and hopefully somewhere down the road, get a copy of the project. But today I get an email asking me to wear corportae attire and if possible, prepare a monologue.. ARGhhhh I have done perhaps 2 or 3 in my entire life! I think instead of trying to do a monologue, I am gonna tell them a story about what I like to call "An Equal Opportunity Employer" where this lady back in 2000 discriminated against me on more than one occassion. I will use the ASL shoulder shift and mimic my reactions and Heidi who was one of my supervisor and gave me a lot of grief.
The director will probably just give me a funny look and send me packing. As I leave someone else will come up to me and say "we'll call you if you get a part" and I have to then remind them, to email me, not call me.

either way, I will report back if my predictions were right? I really just want to be a person in the background, typing on a computer. Perhaps a shot of me walking by with a folder. No lines, just movement and an addition to the background imagery. I like helping movies look authentic.

alrighty, gotta get the shovel out and pile on a layer of "business" make up. Cant go too sexy, so eye shadow will be minimal and a nuetral shade.

one thing for sure, its cold outside, I am wearing comfortable shoes there and then slipping into my audition shoes! And damnit, I don't have an artist resume or headshot :[

No comments: