Monday, February 20, 2006

No sounds....

Well after finding out that the second shoot which was done on the 28th of Jan (2nd part of SDI project) has NO SOUNDS!!! it seems my videographer forgot to turn on the mic, so none of the dialogues were recorded. Ofc, I wasnt too thrilled about this and am thought he knew what he was doing? Ach, it happens live and learn...

But now I gotta waste time doing voice overs and hunt down about 6 or more hearies to review the footage, and lipsync to themselves, lovely. I don't know if that means I will need to do all of the dialogues as voice overs because of the sound quality? Will hearies be able to tell the difference? Which was recorded during the shoot and which was added later???

For the 3rd part of SDI to be filmed the 1st weekend of April, I will use another guy for my videographer. I like working with different videographers. So far I have had the luxury of working with the following peeps below

-Coleslaw
-Flash
-Eddie
-Demon
-Santini

and now with Norton next. Of all the videographers I worked with, Flash was the best! He really paid attention to the lighting and co directed the PAWs film with me last summer. He and I laughed a lot. I enjoy his company and would love to work with him again. Coleslaw was the most professional when it came to lining up the shots and I'll never forget when we were working on one scene where my friend Dan who played the Jolly Green Giant couldnt do what we wanted, Mark said exsperatedly, "I can't work like this!" A true filmmaker he is :)I was soo green eared when we did my 1st film together in 2004. There's footage of me, standing around like an idiot, not an all like a director, chewing on my lips, biting my nails.. ah well I still do that but now I yell or sign "action" instead of "go/start/begin/now" progress people, progress...

Im at work, suppose to be drafting a proposal for some of these individual artist grants that I want to apply for. Grant writing is so hard, I have no idea where to begin and it overwhelms me.

alrighty gonna bite the bullet and get started (after I go grab a snack, need food for thought)

No comments: