Monday, February 27, 2006

Group Sounds

Thats the name of the band I helped with their music video yesterday.
You can check out more info on the band at www.groupsounds.tv

Here's a photo of the band.


The guy wearing the hat, name Joe I think. Was the friendliest. He and I chatted some and he couldn't believe I was deaf. So I explained how it works etc etc, hearing aid can without background noise, otherwise am deaf as a doorknob. I aslo asked if they became super famous to make sure their music videos are closed captioned. Joe said, ofc. We will see? I think the video will be played on the FUSE channel.

The guy with the sunglasses, the loudest and most outrageous! This video was shot in southern Brooklyn, about a mile from Coney Island. The house that the video was shot in, belong to a crew member's grandparents so it was rent free. I did set dressing with Alexi but I was BORED a lot, because too much down time. My pager died because I forgot to charge it the night before. And I didn't bring a book with me, I become super restless! I need to be busy, its the ADD, I swear. Plus even tho there were lots of nice folks, I couldn't follow along with what they talked about, I would laugh when they laugh without having a clue as to what's happening? But it was good to see Alexi. The best part was I was able to scout and recruit three more actors for SDI part III in April. One of them is a modeling casting agent. He seemed so surprised I asked him to be in it. I think he's used to being overlooked and the focus being on the girl models. Btw they were all like 22 years old or younger. They wore the most revealing stuff, stuff I would never wear, even with a killer body! But then again, thats hollywood for ya, if you got it, flaunt it.

Funny I didn't bother asking any of the "hot" chicks to be in my movie simply because my movies are about giving everyday people screen time that they may not normally have the chance to do. Its a great feeling when the person gushes "me, you want me to be in YOUR movie?" hell yeah! thats why I asked.

On saturday nite, Szymanski introduced me to a great movie called "Hedwig & the Angry Inch" about a transexual lead singer of a band. If you're open minded enough, and like good music, good story lines, then this is the movie for you!



I think its great that transexuals are being more accepted by society, we still have a long way to go but at least its "in" right now. I was lucky because my Mom was always open minded. I met my first gay couple when I was 8 years old. But it wasn't till I was 10, that Mom explained, they weren't just roommates but lovers, partners. Thank you Mom :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUSE is an awesome channel, waaaaaaay better than MTV. "Uranium" is a sweet metal show \m/... and w/ that being said FUCK MTV in their snobby real world BET jr asses. IS the band any good jenny? Havent heard 'em b4, but what do i know? i aint from NYC *smirk* Sounds like you had a good time ;)

-the ever so great Pate

deafeningchameleon said...

Hey Pate
yea they were pretty good, if you go to their website you can listen to a few tunes. The video was for the song "twisted logic"
xo