Thursday, February 23, 2006

Overbooked

Man do I over commit! This friday and sunday I am volunteering as a set dresser again for my friend Alexis (hearie whom I met on the DOOM set last January). She's great and really makes sure I am involved and up to date with all the information. The shoot is taking place this weekend saturday and sunday. But saturday I have teaching certificate exams all day.. Its a music video, taking place at some house in Brooklyn.

I gotta make an "artisit" resume soon. Perhaps even get headshots?

*yawns* been insomaniac all week! tonight will be fun, gonna meet some friends at a nearby bar called "Radio Perfecto" off of Amsterdam ave near Columbia U.. perhaps a few drinks will help me fall into la la land when I get home. I am in the mood for a whiskey sour or Bobmbay gin with seltzer water, Tonic is forbidden, bleah.

Well after spending an hour and a half or more on VP trying to find a mediator for me and my hearie roommate and I finally found a place within walking distance from our apt. The appt will be March 14th (depending if they get a terp by then or not?) I know my roommate isnt gonna be happy, he wants it NOW, well boo fooking hoo ya know. Today he sent me an email with a small sob story about how his funds are messed up and that the bank account is in the red. Like I care... As he said to me last week when I explained I dont have the money to move till next fall when I am working FT then I can but his response was "its not my problem" well ditto for me. I just want this to end asap, I want some kind of signed agreement so he can't do this to me again when he messes up and brings home some other weirdo off the street! Here we go again with the terp situation, from his email to me earlier today-

"Again--never objected to you having an interpreter. Or said you weren't "deaf
enough" for one--forsooth! (But--just curious--how many times in, say, the past year and a half, have you felt the need for one, and under what specific circumstances...?)"
- ah so using a terp and note taker at school doesn't count? Going to only open or rear view caption movies doesnt mean anything? What about my frequent use of VP and online relay??? jesus I shouldn't have to defend my deafness to him..

Last night hung out with Joe Joy and King, we had a great time chatting. King told me this most outrageous story of a coat check woman giving her a hard time and at one point had the nerve, the nerve to grab King's arm to prevent her from writing or gesturing. Ohmigod.. if I had been there, I would've ripped off her head. Thats so wrong and like a gag for a hearie. King handled it with grace and maturity (things I lack) and it was just unbelievable the stupidity of this woman! Also Joe Joy showed me the most up to date script of EB. And relieved me the responsibility of being the videpgrapher (whew) now I can just be one of the supporting roles for his movie in May. I am "Stewardess #1- Roxy" I play the dianty but sassy role. This will be my first real acting gig in years. I hope I do ok?

No comments: