Monday, February 05, 2007

You get what you give...

One of the supervisors in the department next to mine was a real jerk to this nice young woman who was having a problem with her computer. Its his job to help her and instead he taunted her saying,"its not my problem, its yours!" I couldnt believe how immature this 40 something year old man was acting. Here she was stuck and just asking for some help and he's dances circles around her, being a real jerk! The only solace I can take in his rudeness is I am a big believer in Karma. You get what you give.

Funny a motivational speaker name Wayne Dryer did a program that I viewed on PBS a few times. He mentions the same thing as me, you get what you give/expect. For example he was approached by two different couples who were thinking of moving to his neighborhood.

And the first couple asked, "What is the community here like?"

and Dryer replied, "what is it like where you live?"

The couple answered "oh people back home are so rude and not at all friendly."

Dryer then replied, "yeah its the same way here, people just arent nice."

Then the 2nd couple approached Dryer and asked the same question of what the community/neighborhood is like.

When Dryer asked them what is was like where they lived, they replied; "Oh its wonderful, people are so kind. Its a great place to raise children."

And Dryer replied "its pretty much the same way here, people are very helpful and kind."

The moral of the story is simply this, you get what you expect. If you wake up thinking your gonna fail your test or have a lousy day and sure enough you have made a self-fulfilling prophecy true. Now had this jerk supervisor had a been nicer, perhaps people in his and my dept would be nicer to him.

This past weekend in PA was a wonderful visit, we celebrated Baba's birthday and visited with various family members. Last night we had delicious sushi at a place that Baba had never gone to before and we had a wonderful meal.

Yesterday Clyde and I also hit the thrift store and made out like bandits. I was very happy with the items we brought and Clyde even brought a few button down shirts. Is there a thrift spender in the make? Only time will tell.... I even joked with him, I was having more fun there yesterday then I would going on a shopping spree in NYC. There's something deeply satisfying about finding a good deal on a piece of clothing you would normally pay full price. For example I snagged a couple of Ann Taylor's clothes and a pair of Calvin Klein jeans for a few bucks each. We ended up with 32 items in total and it averaged out to approximately $3.60 per item. Yay!

Dont know if you are aware but Law and Order Criminal Intent is looking for the following deaf actors/actresses for an upcoming show on Cochlear Implants, I did send them my resume and photo last night but they may have already selected an actress for the lead but nonetheless, send your resume and headshots to CIcasting@yahoo.com. We need some new fresh faces on the show :)

Tonight Clyde will come over and help me finish with the subtitles for my student's film project that we did several weeks ago. He and I are doing really good. We have decided to do a movie together. Now all I have to do is wait for him to write a story and help him change it into script format. He will direct and I will simply be the videographer. I am excited to do this project with him. My ex never enjoyed doing theater/film stuff with me (well I do admit the film stuff came after we broke up but the point is, he wasnt into the things I was. Its nice to date someone who is). We are also thinking of hitting some garage/yard sales this weekend. He sells a lot of things on Ebay and I love making a few bucks off of selling books, cds etc etc. Media mail is very inexpensive.

Been missing my friends like Ronnie, Peep, Zaxy, Sorry and Karen. I cancelled my trip to DC next weekend because money is tight and I figured Id better wait till my income is in better shape. Besides when I do go, I am hoping Clyde will come with so I can show him my old haunts and around Gally too.

No comments: