Monday, April 16, 2007

NYDT's Pool Tourney is OvER

Well the fundraiser I believe raised $1700, not bad at all considering we only had 14 individual players. That means we made $460 from the players registration, the rest we got from selling raffle tickets in the past 6 days. As for the players, we had a couple of hearies, they were nice even tho they couldn't communicate too well but we had several terps of hohs help with that. The rest of us were either deafies or signers. The tourney atmosphere was very low key. The players were all happy with our announcement at 5ish that we went from single eliminations to double eliminations. That meant the losers got a 2nd chance to redeem themselves. We had the space and the time, why not right?

I was the "official" authority at the event. Along with Cool-B, but basically it was me that people referred to for the bottom line rules such as issues related to scratches, legal breaks, etc etc.. It was fun, we had pool moderators in between the tables to keep an steady eye(s) on the games as they occurred. We had 8 tables to work with so it went very well. This photo is me in a cab on the way to the tourney itself, amazing how sunlight can change one's features :D

Our volunteers were an excellent bunch. I was pleased at their enthusiams and their professionalism at the task at hand. I wish to watch the footage from the event, very curious how well the camera picked up images when the location was so dim? Problem is, I'm suppose to edit but its on one of those mini cd/dvds and I don't think Mac is compatible with those and I'm sure as hell not gonna risk jamming one into my precious babieeeeeeeeeee so gotta come to TC tmw to use the media lab and speak to one of the tech geeks for help.

Having finished the NYDT pool tourney this past weekend, I am planning to now re-direct my enegery into the academic curriculum DVD that Blondie and I will start planning this week.

Hmm, what else is new? Not a whole lot, the weekend zoomed by quickly in spite of the record rainfall we had yesterday (a months worth of rain in 1 day!)

No comments: