Wednesday, April 18, 2007

ASL CST here I come!

Well its been about a year since I last took the ASL content specialty test here in NYC and I finally registered for it again for June 9th, I am feeling a lot more confident about taking the test this time around because I have been teaching ASL now for the past few years (but a lot more so recently).

Another good news is, Blondie and I will start a ASL pilot program in a Bronx's HS next week. Things are falling into place slowly but surely. I will meet with Rusty shortly for all the details.

Yesterday met up with Blondie to talk about the DVD curriculum and how we want to format it? Glad we have a whole month of May to plan this out to the last details. I want to do the best we can! Ronnie may come down and help too.

Tonight after work I will see my Sweets for sushi. We havent been seeing each other as frequently and its working in my favor because I have been much more productive with the extra time to myself. Sometimes I wonder if I am meant to be in a serious relationship these days? Its not Jack's fault that I am struggling to make my own stand and a decent living. I am glad he still wants to date, even if its only casually. I would miss him a lot if he decided that wasn't enough for him. He's a great guy and in spite of our many differences I am glad he has chosen to stay in my life :) I am starting to agree with Audrey Hepburn that couples are better off living next door to each other. I guess because I was in such a LTR in the past with my ex, I know what its like to be committed and having someone else's best interest in addition to mine but the problem now is I am too bogged down by my own crap/issues that I dont have much room for anyone else's... I know I have disappointed Jack because I don't have the focus right now for a serious relationship. I don't know if I ever will? All I do know is if Jack decided for any reason not to see me anymore, I would take a major break from dating in general. I just don't want to be serious with anyone these days. I have to be a selfish bitch and focus on me and me only. Ay yi yi, how to do this gracefully?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, no matter how much other people count with us, we just have to do what's right for ourselves. It's okay to be selfish when we need to be in order to accomplish the things that are important.

deafeningchameleon said...

Thank you so much Baba! We both are adjusting quite well.
Love
me