Friday, April 20, 2007

"These times, they are a'changin"

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who that it's namin'.
'Cause the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
The battle outside ragin'
Will soon shake your windows *)
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.


Bob Dylan's song sums up my feelings well on the past week with the VA Tech shooting, the war in Iraq, The Columbia grad student who was raped and tortured over the weekend, the Supreme ruling on banning partial abortions, the 9-11 victims (those suffering from post chemical exposure)... and so on and so on. Quite dreary I feel. But life has always been a struggle, its just sad that no matter how much man evolves, we are still primates in our sense of interaction and how we let our emotions take over our reasons.

On a different note, had a great week. I really enjoy teaching ASL on a regular basis. Plus I got finally most of my paperwork that I have been complaining about for months organize. I saw Jack a little wednesday night, we didnt go out to eat, instead visited some. It was nice. I am really enjoying the way things are going between us. I can appreciate the time we do spend together a lot more. And I am taking care of myself and making progress. Jack seems to be doing well, very busy and happy too. Im just relieved it worked out for the both of us. Luckily we hadnt even dated for a year so taking a step back and going from serious to casual has been relatively easy for the both of us. I think what we have now is what we wanted all along. At least for me it is.

Soon I am off to LaGuardia to take photos of tonights ASL events taking place at the Little Theatre. Then tomorrow I work from 1 to 3 30 and plan to do laundry afterwards. Trying to stay home and not spend money. Plus I want to hit the local library now that I finally found my library card.

No comments: