Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Waiting for Malcolm


The other day I was reading an article I think on CNN and it mentioned robotic pets for the elderly, saying research shows these robotic pets are just as good as the real thing, minus the mess. Read Fake Dog, Real Benefits. I looked online and found out there is all kinds of robotic pets such as dogs, cats, birds and yep, even fishes! So I pounced on Jack and demanded we get one for ourselves since weboth like futuristic things and him being a technology junkie we decided to order ourselves a robotic dog whom I've been calling Malcolm. He's Black ofc, wouldn't have it any other way :)





I will take pictures of Malcolm once he arrives and let you know if its worth trying out for yourselves? But it's gotta beat the old ones where the robotic pet would take a few steps, sit, bark (more like a yap yap yap) and then flip. Only to start once more of the walking, sitting, yapping, flipping....
Dunno if you deafies read about "Moment of Truth" scandal? You can watch it at Youtube but of course no captioned, instead Jack typed it up for me, so here's the translation below; ENJOY
HOST: THIS IS YOUR $100,000 MOMENT OF TRUTH, BUT IT WON’T BE ASKED BY ME. IT’S BY A SURPRISE GUEST.
WOMAN: OH…MY…GOD
HOST: LAUREN, CAN YOU TELL EVERYONE WHO THIS IS, OR DO I NEED TO DO IT?
WOMAN: I…I CAN’T SPEAK RIGHT NOW…
HOST: THIS IS YOUR EX-BOYFRIEND, FRANK. HOW ARE YOU DOING FRANK? FRANK
HAS A QUESTION FOR YOU. AND I HOPE THAT IF YOU WIN IT, THIS QUESTION IS
WORTH THE $100,000. (LOOKS TOWARD HUSBAND) IF YOU DON’T WANT TO HEAR THE ANSWER, YOU STILL HAVE THE BUTTON, I DON’T NEED TO REMIND YOU. THIS QUESTION IS FOR $100,000, WHEN YOU’RE READY, QUESTION 15:
EX-BF: IF I WANTED TO GET BACK TOGETHER WITH YOU, WOULD YOU LEAVE YOUR HUSBAND?
(AUDIENCE GOES CRAZY)
HOST: YOU CAN AVOID THIS BY HITTING THE BUTTON RIGHT NOW FRANK
(FAMILY HITS BUTTON, AUDIENCE BOOS AND GOES CRAZY AGAIN)
ASKS ANOTHER QUESTION, WARNS THAT IT MAY BE WORSE AND THAT SHE HAS TO ANSWER THIS NEXT QUESTION OR LOSE THE GAME
EX-BF: DO YOU BELIEVE I AM THE MAN YOU SHOULD BE MARRIED TO?
WOMAN: WELL…HAHA….UMM…GOTTA BE HONEST…UHH…AND SAY YES…
(ANSWER IS TRUE)
HOST: FRANK IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WANNA SAY AT THIS POINT?
FRANK: YEAH THERES NOTHING ELSE I CAN REALLY HEAR, SO…YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST GO FOR IT…
HOST: HAVE YOU GUYS TALKED ABOUT THIS EX AT ALL?
FRANK: WELL UH…EARLY ON IN THE MARRIAGE BUT I DIDN’T REALIZE THIS GUY WAS STILL AN ISSUE…
HOST: I MEAN, WITH AN ANSWER LIKE THAT I CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT YOURE..UNHAPPY
FRANK: SOMETIMES…SOMETIMES….
HOST: LAUREN, WHAT DO WE DO HERE??
WOMAN: THIS IS UH…
FRANK: LAUREN, WHAT ELSE IS THERE…YOU KNOW I MEAN, JUST..GO FOR IT…
HOST: THIS IS A LITTLE BIGGER THAN THE GAME RIGHT NOW. SO YOU HAVE 100K, OKAY? YOU LEAVE HERE WITH 100k RIGHT NOW AND YOU GO HOME WITH YOUR HUSBAND FRANK AND YOU HAVE TO NOW, FIGURE WHERE YOU TWO ARE?
FRANK: I WOULD TELL HER TO GO, I MEAN WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO TELL ME? WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO REALLY TELL ME??
HOST: (HYPES THE 100k AGAIN AND TELLS HER TO CONTINUE)…BUT FRANK MAKES A VERY GOOD POINT, AFTER THIS BOMB, WHAT ELSE IS THERE? YOU KNOW, I DON’T. YOU KNOW THE QUESTIONS, WHAT ELSE IS THERE?
(FAMILY SAYS RUN, GO, RUN GO, RUN)
(MOTHER SAYS TO LEAVE)
WOMAN: IM GOING TO KEEP GOING
HOST: YOU PROBABLY KNOW WHATS COMING NEXT, AND YOU STILL WANT IT? HAVE YOU EVER HAD SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH ANY MAN OTHER THAN YOUR HUSBAND?
(AUDIENCE GOES CRAZY)
HOST: HAH, I WISH THE BUTTON WAS STILL THERE.
FRANK: (NERVOUSLY) HUH..YOU’RE TELLIN ME..
WOMAN: IM GOING TO HAVE TO SAY YES
(ANSWER IS TRUE)
(MORE HYPE ABOUT GOING FORWARD AND SHE AGREES TO)
HOST: DO YOU THINK YOU’RE A GOOD PERSON?
(AUDIENCE LAUGHS)
WOMAN: HONESTLY I THINK I AM A GOOD PERSON
(FATHER SAYS “TRUE, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE”)
(ANSWER IS FALSE)
HOST SARCASTICALLY EXPLAINS THAT YOU HAVE TO FORGIVE YOURSELF FULLY IN ORDER TO BELIEVE YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON
Wow, the things people do for money and fame.
No we stll havent found an apt, but after we looked at one in Flushings, Queens last Sunday we Flushed the idea of Flushings right away! Too far and residential for us. The apt hunt continues....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A pet you don't have to clean up after. Sounds good to me.Baba