Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Messed up or what!

Recently the federal appeals court struck
down the 1st law requiring airlines to
provide food, water, clean toilets and
fresh air! Huh! Can u believe that!
What's more, NorthWest airline has
stopped serving meals on domestic flights.
So if I travel from NYC to LA, a 6 hr or
more plane ride for usually $400 or so RT,
I don't even get a free half ounce bag of
pretzel bc that airline wants to save $$.
Huh? How cheap can they be!

This morning @ Penn Station I got there
just in the nick of time to catch the
7:19am train to NJ but I had to haul ass.
I of course was rushing and excusing my-
self left and right when I got stuck by
this 40-50 year old man who wouldn't move 1
side or the other. Well I had to get by him
and he had the nerve to TRY & hit me. Oh
you bet I gave him a tongue lashing. How
dare he, after I repeatedly said "excuse
me, I need to catch the train b4 I miss
it" several times. Grr but other than that
I'm feeling a little less congested today.

Last night watched a fun movie with
Tommy Lee Jones called "The Man of
the House." It was a cute, fun movie
to watch and I laughed a lot. Also last
weekend I watched "Wilde" a movie
about Oscar Wilde. It was so slow in the
beginning but after 40 mins, the 2nd half
was pretty good. Jude Law is in it and
even tho I'm not a major fan of his, he
does a great job playing a spoiled brat in
this flick. We also watched "Badlands"
made in 1973 with Martin Sheen and
Sissy Speck about a couple who committed
murder spree in TX and SD in I think 1956.
Jack thought I looked somewhat like Sissy
Speck? I think its only bc I have
freckles and a red head complexion and
a small nose. Since Jack & I don't have
cable yet, we're living on our Netflixs.
The cable fairies arrive this Friday :-)

Dunno if you Deafies know about a service
called simulscribe.com. Its a cool service
that allows people to call ur ph nbr (&
if you don't have one, they will provide
you with one) and leave msgs. Those msgs
are within mins transcribed to text
format and emailed to you. This is great
idea. I don't know about you all but many
times when it comes to doctors, legal
or job related issues and giving a ph nbr is
always problematic bc unless they know
how to use relay or you need to be contacted
its hard for us Deafies. But this program
allows for us to get our calls from the
banks, doctor's follow up etc etc and its
all converted to txt and emailed! I'm loving
this service. I think you can try it for 1
month free to see if you like it or not?
The web addy is simulscribe.com, check
it out. I myself give it 2 thumbs up!

This weekend is the MICA teen audition.
I will be helping a filmmaker name
Beato with the filming of this project.
Her work can be found on the internet
under www.beato.tv I'm looking fwd to
meeting her this Saturday. I'm been
hankering to get behind a film lens once
again. Its my nature and Baba sums it up
well, I need to have a creative outlet.
Otherwise I get depressed and despair
that my life is stuck in a rut. Filmmaking
is awesome and I love seeing mine or
other's stories come through the end
product. I also love working in a team
environment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was really excited to see how SimulScribe has helped you. Just wanted to offer all of your readers 30 days free by them signing up through this link, https://apps.simulscribe.com/signup/r/13251.

And thanks again for the post it is awesome to wake up in the morning and the first thing you read is about how a product that you developed is helping someone else.

Jamie

James Siminoff, Founder
SimulScribe
jsiminoff@simulscribe.com