Thursday, May 22, 2008

Filming 7th Graders

Lately for my student teaching, my co-teacher Russo and I are doing
student films projects.
Its been an interesting ride to say in the
least. For the 1st time in my life, I've been
filming almost daily. Lately I'm trying to
improve my techniques with angles and not
being afraid to do semi pan shots with ASL
not dead center/middle. I wrestle with how
to get "close up" shots when a person is
signing ASL? I feel somewhat boxed *pun
intended* by the "signing zone."

Today we did a movie that involved Aliens,
(I LOVE sci fi movies so this was a personal
treat for me). It was an all-day shoot too.
It was the only 1 of 8 projects we've been
working on that we asked permission to
simply devote 1 school day to it. We knew
the make-up alone would be time consuming as
well as the set designs.

It was awesome
both me and another girl brought in strobe
lights for the Transformation Chamber
scenes. We covered a Soreson VP Booth
in foil and added white border strips with cool design and balls of
foils attached. I was
most pleased wiith the results as we only
had 8:15am-1:45pm to film this. Keep in mind,
these are 7th graders ;-)

No comments: