Friday, May 09, 2008

My new love affair

is with memory foam mattress topper. I've always had a bad back all my life. From the time I was a toddler, till I was 12 I took gymanstics but then I had to stop. Why? Because it was hurting my back. It arrived Wednesday afternoon. I trekked 8 blocks to the post office and in the process lost 1 of my 4 Mothers Day cards to pick up the package which unknown to me was the mattress topper. Not fun when you're already tired, hot, sweaty, achy lower back to hull back home. But Wednesday 2nd half of the day was crappy any ways, the trip to the Post Office was just an omen of what more would happend (to be discuss later in the posting)

Anyways back to my new love, Memory Foam. If you're over 30 you probably remember the time when attending middle/junior high school when they would conduct Scoliosis Test along with head-lice checks. Personally for me, it was either 7th or 8th grade at the school I where I attended. The teachers would gather up all the students and bring them to the gym room. We would be told to lined up and then bent over forward for the school nurse as she passed your way. She'd run her finger along down our spines, to make sure our back was straight, not crooked. When she got to me, she ran her fingers down my back and then did it again. Growing more concerned as the moments past calling on another nurse to give a 2nd opinion. I knew I was 1 opinion shy of a back brace. But the school nurse confidently told her my back was fine.

The past 2 days have been a real bummer for me. I had an unpleasant experience on Wednesday night that left me unhinged. I've been insomoniac due to it because its really a hurtful experience. I felt ambushed by the situation and tried my best to put on a happy face/attitude but inside I was mortified and humilated. And very disappointed by the person who treated me in this way. I am not naming names or stating what the situation is about but what I am saying is, I haven't been my happy chipper self because of it. And whats more, I was just starting to in the past week or so before Wednesday night feel good about my life and where it was going. That I've met my commitments both as a student and as a professional while earning shit pay or no pay. Jack has been a real doll. When I arrived home from work Wednesday night he knew immediately something was wrong. I didn't want to tell him but he really wanted to make me feel better and he sort of did in his own way but this incident was something Jack can't fixs or offer solutions to me that would settle my feelings. But his hugs and warm face and kind words mean the world to me.

Even 2nite, I am deaf ha ha, I spelled deaf for dead and its usually the other way around er I meant dead tired from the lack of sleep for the past 2 nights. Imagine at 3 30am last night I finally emailed this person directly to let them know how much their approach to me affected me and my spirits. I will see this person Monday, and for now I am trying not to let the incident ruin my weekend. So I am hiding in the bedroom. I demanded Jack not try to make me happy 2nite because I am too tired to be anything than what I am feeling right now plus its been a rainy, pouty looking day.

The good news is now that I was able to express directly to this person to the best of my ability (email last night and once more today in response to their reply and agreement to meet up Monday) that I can put my mind to rest tonight. Tmw is a brand new day and I plan to treat it just so.

No comments: