Thursday, January 29, 2009

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

I am so into the tv show House, thanks to both Mom and Baba who are big fans of the show. The acting is superb. I also finished 2 books recently. 1 was called Here's the Story: Surving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice by Maureen McCormick. I had read Growing Up Brady: I Was A Teenage Greg by Barry Willams thoroughly enjoyed years before. I still have my copy at home at Baba's. The 2nd book I read going to and from NJ today (its an easy read) Couplehood by comedian Paul Reiser which I picked up earlier today for 2 bucks from Goodwill. I remember where I was when I read that book previously. It was in my Greenbelt apt master bedroom. It was one of the few bedrooms of my past that I really loved. It was strange to read it again today and I look forward to mailing it to Jack. Fun book to read.

Tonight's classes went well. My students are now at the point where they are comprehending more than 1 sentence at a time. Its an interesting step to see your students at, do they make the leap from single sentences to paragraphs (small paragraphs mind you). I enjoy my job a lot and feel so fortunate to do so.


My heel still aches. The best way to describe the ache is like when someone rams their shopping cart into the back of your heel and the ache that follows afterwards. The new Dr. Scholl's shoes are a dream!


Lastly its still FRIGGIN' cold that for once I shall be happy when spring rolls around. Usually I am not because of my allergies. But right now the fact is that February hasn't even begun! Old man winter is here to stay for a little while longer and I had better just get used to it. Now if only it snowed more than I could handle the cold.

No comments: