Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cheap shoes = Misery

Lesson learned
do not wear cheap shoes when you live in a city like this one. It messes you up! Last week I started having a pain in the back (not bottom) of my heel and it hurts. My old sneakers were ruined by the rain/snow of the late fall. And I did buy new ones during the break but figured I could wait till my aunt and uncle come for a visit in a few weeks. Boy was I WRONG. I looked online and found out the main culprit is ill-fitted shoes and I had been wearing a pair of winter boots for days and they offer NO support.
I had to ask off from work today because at media I am on my feet and yesterday the elevator broke. It was bad enough because they had me assigned to the furtherest building which if I am not in pain the extra walking is great. Otherwise it becomes torture.
Today I did go out only to buy GOOD shoes for teaching. I needed something now that I could wear in the slush and still look respectable. Plus they can't be sneakers. I found a pair of Dr. Scholls shoes for $40 and I think thats just fine. I also brought a pair of decent sneakers, no more flat foot shoes for me. No siree I learned my lesson.
This weekend is the Superbowl and I am excited because I've been invited to a Superbowl party by my friend Martin and his friends Liz and Rj (they are the greatest couple I've ever met!) I've invited Blondie, Eddie & Szymanski, it will be fun.
Last night I tried the theta-wave video to see if it would help me sleep again but it didn't have the same effect. I think its because I had already seen it before but I do like the music, it makes me feel like I am on the movie set of the "Karate Kid." You know waxs on, waxs off.
I have been working a lot on my lesson plans, I somehow lost my usb stick with my lesson plans from last year during the organizing of the apt and am having to start over again. I don't mind, I wanted to focus more on natural dialogue, basically a less linguistic approach to my teaching methods. Anyhoo, I want to get most of the semester done in the next 2 weeks to free up my time for my thesis. That way I can just look at the upcoming lesson plan and make any minor adjustments as needed.
The past few days I have been missing Jack quite so and it feels harder than it did last month. Perhaps February will be easier?
Lastly my latest mantra has been C'est la vie "That's life."

No comments: