Monday, January 12, 2009

Mimi

Well Mimi did a pretty good job. She probably helped me eliminate well over 5-6 bags of trash and donated items. But she did NOT make my apt look pretty which was kind of what I had hope for. And she didn't know how to get rid of things (I had to convince her a few times to let things go, even if they were functional- they looked like crap). I paid her $150 and it was worth it. I feel a LOT better and can MOVE around in my apt, pah! Now I just have to clean the place, sweep, mop etc etc.. And I am hoping in March or April Mom will come and stay with me for a few days to help me tidy up and make the place look smashing. She has a good eye for where things go. I on the other hand do not, and usually it ends up my decorations looking chaotic and crowded together. I am really proud of myself, letting go things actually brought me relief.

Today I joined paperbackswap.com. A site that allows you to post books, DVDs, Cds you want to get rid of with other members. You just pay for SH which is very inexpensive when you go to the post office and tell them its media mail. This way I can get rid of the books I don't want and trade for books I haven't read.

Not much else is new, was home most of the weekend except Friday when I saw Martin and attended DPHH. Boy did a lot of deafies show up, snapped so many pictures for the website, yay! It was freezing cold too, half of my apt building yesterday had no electric. It only affected my bathroom so I wasn't able to shower (the hot water boiler was also affected by the lack of electricity). Con Ed spent well over 12 hours aside my apt doing technical stuff unknown to me. Only 3 more days and Karen arrives :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Karen's visit. Telll her I said hello. So glad you are happy with your "new" kitchen.
Baba