Monday, August 06, 2007

1:32:26

Is exactly how long PAWS currently is. So far I've invested 5 hours of
editing and its barely over a 1.5 minutes long ;) just goes to show,
editing is never done quickly. I did the nightmare/dream sequence
recently. Next is the profiles.

This weekend stayed home mostly, cleaned the bathroom from ceiling to
floor. The deep down, get on your knees cleaning. My roommate while we
get along well. Her "deep" cleaning methods do not meet my standards.

Saw Eddie, Blondie, Szymanski and Jack was there too on Friday night.
Blondie took me out for a steak dinner. We shared a sirlon steak, each
go 1 side and for an appetizer we had these delicious crab cakes. A very
nice dinner. We also talked about going to great adventure for Blondies
and my bday.

As for movies I've seen quite a few these past few weeks.

'300' while action packed, lacked any real story line in my opinion.
Don't get me wrong, the movie never slowed down but at the end I felt
kind of cheated. Like I had only seen one very narrow view of the whole
story, the Spartans view. I think the movie downplayed the Persia Empire
and the ruler at the time. I can see why some people protested the
movie, saying it was intent on making the Persian *now known as Arabs*
look bad even back then. Whether this is true or not? I can't say.

"Little Miss Sunshine" I had read the book back when I still lived in
Maryland. I remember feeling disappointed with the writing style but
whoever did the screenplay for the movie was able to zero in on the
keypoints that made the book any good. I really liked all the actors in
this movie, each one was able to hold their own among the other. No one
slipped into the "background." Its as good of a movie on the
dsyfunctional aspect of families and being in one.

"Nacho Libre" with Jack Black was painfully mundane. I often found
myself backtracking because I was easily distracted by other things. The
movie did not captivate me :( but I could see what they were trying for,
somehow it just didn't come across.

"Open Season" ah, too much like "Shrek" the ending was cute. I didn't
watch it all the way through but occassionally looked down to my SK3 to
google stuff so maybe this movie is better for kids?

No comments: