Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Annie from All My Children

Here's the actress' website that I worked with several times to teach
her basic signs/phrases like

Hi, Dad....
I love you (not ILY)
Family signs (mother, father, sister...)
Thank you/welcome

I gave her an article on CODAs

And I also gave her some info on some other actors who are deafies! Like
Ty, Sho (hint hint, get em on the show)

http://www.melissaclaireegan.com/

Other good news, I got a followup from a job I applied for. Its not in
education but for a film gig, I'm not getting my hopes up but still its
exciting bc the other internships orjobs related to video media I never
got any replies, all hearing. This job is deaf related, no surprise. I
have wondered if I would benefit from changing my website
Perlisfilms.com to a more neutral approach, meaning less emphasis on
deaf culture and more on just filming? I think that the hearing folks
see my website and freak a little? Or assume I won't be any good with
audio? I don't know?

No comments: