Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Downtime around the corner

In 2 days ill be in PA for a visit from Thurs-
Wed. I need to be back in time for MICA
Event.

The past few days has been a blur of
filming and editing. Filming the students
and MICAs rehersals. And I'm done
editing the student films (I think?
Its hard not to wanna tweak it
some everytime I view the movies.)

I had a major meltdown Sunday nite
when I discovered 1 of the students'
film had been accidently recorded over
I felt TERRiBLe. What wss I gonna tell
these kids who worked hard for the
past 3 month that the film is gONe?!
That I was forced to juggle 4 mini
dv tapes for 6 different films? That
I couldn't preserve footage due to
limited size capabilities using the schools
IMacs? None of it matters because its
not the students fault I MESSED UP.
But as Jack reminded me, I had very
small resources and other than Russo and
the kids, I had no support. I've been
volunteering my time the past 2 weeks
bc I finished my student teaching 2 weeks
ago. I couldn't leave the kids hanging with
unfinished movies and the talent show was
today. And tmw is Parents night. Anyways
I slept like crap Sun nite, woke up at 430am
remembering that I was gonna have to tell
the kids their movie was gone. And kept
waking up every half an hour till I had to
shower and go to work.

I got to work Monday morning, I looked like
shit. When I got to the school and was
waiting for the elevator the sense of dread
washed over me. I got there 15 minutes
early and hid out for a while till the class
started. Russo was very supportative and
said right away it was an honest mistake.
The kids took the news rather well. I was
surprised and even tho it was uncomfortable
for me and I did cry for just a min, most
of them were open to reshooting the missing
scenes. So I went through all 4 tapes and
transferred whatever footage I could find.
Then I made a list of the missing scenes.

Today has been a major battle with IDVD.
As much as I enjoy using IMovie, FCP and
or Avid Pro, I HATE IDvd, it never works
right, it takes forever and its a pain to use!
I look forward to returning to PC down the
road for editing purposes. I only use MACs for
my movies. Otherwise give me Windows XP!

Well Jacks at work and I'm just tuckered out.
Plan to go to bed early. My sleep sked is all
messed up, I was up late last night doing
last minute editing of needed scenes for
the movies today. And it sure doesn't help
that the temperature have been in the 90s!
Its crazy, I haven't experiences such a
hot early June in a few years. Amazing!

No comments: