Thursday, October 02, 2008

One for the money, two for the show

One for the money, two for the show So 'round and 'round and 'round we go Take a look at what-a you might need You better hurry To get a piece of me...

Sometimes when I am real tired like I am today, I wake up with a song stuck in my head and today is Skid Row's song, A PIECE OF ME. I don't know if subconsciously I feel pulled in many directions or? But man it brings back the days of high school where my walls were plastered with Bon Jovi, Guns-N-Roses, and Skid Row graced my walls. I don't think there were that many "metal heads" when I first started at MSSD. I stuck out with my black tees and my "bad ass" attitude which was really a lot of hostility built up from all the years of abuse from my former hearing school environment. So arriving at MSSD I had a chip on my shoulder a mile high. I would cut the pretty preppy dressed girls a look of contempt. And I would try to be "one of the guys" thinking it would make Aubrey Lowry who I was madly in love with my freshmen year noticed me but instead I drove him away by winter time with my puppy love crush that was obvious to EVERYONE. It was a heart breaking experience. I spent the remainder of the school year trying to win my way back in his good graces but it never really happened.

Why? You wonder? Because he "found" Christ and from what I have found out over the years became a priest or preacher, I am not sure which? Anyhoo the little amount of time he did give me after cutting me off for months and giving me the silent treatment was all based on converting me to Christianity. I remember telling Baba about it and her being worried I would be turned over to the mediocre side of religion but I never was swayed. I think I wanted to badly please him and would listen to whatever bull he was feeding me that day. In the end it didn't matter because he transferred to WPSD (Western PA School for the Deaf) in Pittsburgh, which is where I think he was from or near there?

To this day, when someone I love gives me prolonged silent treatment, it really messes me up. I am not talking about a few hours or even a few days but for weeks or months at a time. Although as an adult its highly unlikely I would put up with that shit ever again but I know I would NEVER treat someone I love or cared about that way after being on the receiving end of a silent treatment. I still don't know what "terrible" thing I did to him. Probably nothing but get on his nerves to the point he couldn't stand me anymore? I don't know. I do know our circle of friends felt bad for me and made their best efforts to include me in social gatherings but it was hard.

Anyhoo speaking of MSSD, I will be going to Gally's HC in 3 weeks yay! I will stay with my awesome friend Karen and see Knob too. I am SO ready for a mini getaway. Originally I planned to attend my 15 year hs reunion but the person in charge of it recently announced last month that he was dropping the plans due to family obligations that were planned the same weekend. I am not ready to give up on my 15 year reunion. After vping with Knob last night she suggested I use Facebook and pick a location for all of us to meet up. My next step is to look up Gally's HC weekend info and see which night, Friday or Saturday night would be more ideal for everyone from class of 1993 meet up. It doesn't cost anything to simply suggest a location and a time. I will ofc bring my camera and snap away. I am just extremely happy to know I will be seeing good friends and on my old school grounds. I also plan to contact MSSD alumni dept and see if I can do a small tour of MSSD on Friday Oct 17th? see see.

No comments: