Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Get out there and VOTE!

[Update] Jack and I got to the polls at 6:40am. We waited almost 2 hours to vote. Imagine they ONLY had 3 booths?!? How crazy and asinine is that! If you ask me, I think it was deter voters from voting. I saw 2 different white women give up and walk out. If the election wasn't as crucial as this one, then Jack probably would have walked out too! The rest of us, just waiting patiently, talking with the voters in front and back of us about how ridiculous the lines were. I don't know about downtown if they only had 3 booths per polling sites or if its just because we're in Harlem? I mean come on, this is one of the most populated cities in the world! Anyways, we ambled on home around 8:35 am. I went back to bed, cuz I had to be at work at 2pm. Interestingly enough, half of my co-workers voted, the other half said they NEVER vote. I of course scolded them as its our patriotic duty to do so.

And yes my turtles lived while I was gone this weekend, whew :)

The polls open in less that 7 hours! Jack and I are getting up super early to get to the polls before they open at 7am. I don't expect to be "awake" but this election is TOO important not to VOTE!!! I already secured our voters registration cards, neatly tucked under a magnet on our fridge. No matter how long the lines are, or how shitty the weather may be where you live, its our duty as American citizens to vote during the presidential election. I have been fortunate to vote the last 3 elections, all as a democrat. My vote will go to Obama. No more of the same, we need that change.

I went nuts looking for photos to inspire YOU to get out there and VOTE! Deaf or hearing its all up to us to make a difference. Our country's affairs depend on this crucial presidential election. May the best candidate win. Which of course is Obama!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great posting. I hope it inspires folks who otherwise might not have made the effort. Btw, did the turtles survive? Baba