Monday, November 17, 2008

Jealous of North Carolina

Soon NC will have a temporary resident, my Jack Rabbit. Yes you see he will be relocating there for approx 6 months or so to go to school for several certifications. He was unable to get into a program here in the city. Turns out he has family down there, and a favor is being called in so Jack will be leaving after Thanksgiving, the 1st of Dec it seems.

I am dealing with a lot of mixed emotions. On one hand, logically (the vulcan way) is that its for the best for the both of us in the long run. This way he can get the needed training to make a decent living while going back to school next Fall 2009 majoring in pre-law. But on the other hand (the betazoid side of me) is feeling "woe is me." My honey bee will be gone and I am going to miss him so much! I know I can use this time to do my thesis and get the apartment set up so that when he returns next summer, we can move forward. Its just going to be so hard not seeing him everyday, not being able to throw my arms around him and kiss those lips.

I've been spending all my time with him these past few weeks that we're actually getting on each others nerves a little and had a few minor spats this weekend. I think I am more emotional and sensitive because I feel like time is of essence. I feel like a love sick teenager where I want him in the room with me ALL the time but I am sorta driving him insane and myself too. Its weird and Jack tries to remind me to look forward to next summer and all the fun things we will do like camping and taking a vacation some where. I know the tighter I hold on, the more emotional I become and I am so lucky because Jack knows its only because I am mad crazy for him. Some guys would want to push me away but hes willing to hold me and let me know how much he loves me. He's been talking about marriage a lot too and that was one of the fights we had this weekend because I want a nice wedding when the time comes and Jack would be happy to go to a Justice of Peace and start our lives. He tells me it will be up to us to pay for the wedding and I have to be prepared for a small wedding. I am ok with that but it can't be THAT small, small but not tiny. Lavish but not impratical, classy but still fun. I told him finally that I can't think about it till he proposes and I will deal with it when the time comes. And he agreed that the wedding will not be too arid or small. I think he's such a guy guy that he forgets that women like me really place a high value on her wedding day. That its the 1 time you have to splurge because I only intend to marry once. I want to feel special and pampered that day and I want all the people I love and care about there! And he's thinking of how many people we will have to feed and how to be more practical. Ech such a guy!

So while hes gone in NC I have created a small list of things I want to do or goals I want to achieve and here they are;

I want to finish my thesis
I want to fix up the apt and have it all ready and organized so when he returns it feels like a real home and not an ongoing mess!
I want to finish my 2 long films
I want to start researching how I can get married in a manner thats affordable for us and how I can save up for a nice wedding so when he finally pops the question I can defend my "dream" wedding without breaking the piggy bank!
& I want my turtles to be happy!

Right now its late and I've spent the past few days with a bad head cold that seems to be finally out of my system.

[Update: I meant my 87-year old aunt. Its her husband who's 90 something. And I think I hold a special fondness for her because the family says I look the most like her and she is an eccentric person, sort of like me]
Lastly I want to share that my 90 something year old Aunt Miriam fell on Friday and broke her hip and that I feel so bad for her. And for my grandmother, Baba who's worried for her as well. I don't pray but I do send her my love and support from the Big Apple to the easy-going state of California!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet of you to put Auntie Miriam in your blog. Even if you don't believe in prayer, you can still pray and it just might do some good. Btw, Aunt Miriam is eighty-seven. It's Alton who's in his nineties.Waiting for Jack to leave is like the drip, drip of Chinese water torture. Unfortunately, you're in this dead-air space where you can't go back and don't want to move forward. It's a tough place for sure. I hate the thought of Jack leaving, too.
Baba