Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shive-a-git

My Mom says that term above Shive-a-git, basically a nicer way of saying Give a shit without actually swearing. I am adopting that phrase :-)

My Thanksgiving was wonderful. I always enjoy having it at my Uncle Robs and Maria's house because there's plenty of room and love for everyone. I also appreciate how everyone pitches in with the meal planning. Such as Jack and I made the pumpkin pies (it was his first time! and he did a terrific job) Baba provided the crudities (celerey and carrots); Mom the sweet potatoes, cranberry and an apple pie; Dave & Nancy the awesome corn bread pudding which I can't get enough of and Maria made the turkey, stuffing and gravey! This way the burden of cooking a whole feast doesn't fall on just one person.


After we gobbled down the dinner, I played a game called Bonkers with Maria and her 2 sons Benjamin and Nathan. It was a fun game to play and a delight to play with the 2 boys, especially Nathan who won and was so excited to be the winner! Then Mom and I played 500 rummy, she won. But I will reclaim my honor the next time I come home in a few weeks!

Friday I went to Mom's place and got to visit with my bastard kitty, Tom. He had been a bad boy earlier that day and chewed up Mom's hand and arm pretty good! Mom was not happy and Tom pretty much stayed away from her but by the time we were making dinner, he was all lovey-dovey again. I made spaghetti for everyone, we had invited Nancy, David and Bobby over to watch the Incredible Hulk. I didn't stay throughtout the whole movie, my sinuses were really acting up and I just wanted to be back at Baba's to relaxs.

Yesterday we just hung around watching movies with Baba, making another pumpkin pie because both of us were yenning for it. I got Jack to watch Cube 2:Hyperspace. I love that series. If you like sci-fi, Ray Bradbury, physics then you'll like these movies. Today we went to the place where Jack will store his car while he's away. There was an awesome 1940s car in there as well and made me wish I had a time machine to experience America during the 1940s when my grandparents were teenagers. There's something endearing about back then although probably not for deafies but none-the-less, still attractive.

My sinuses have been bad throughout this visit, I am taking antibiotics but it doesnt seem to alleviate the sinus pressure so I am unable to focus well enough to grade my students papers. Besides today is the last day I get to spend with Jack before he leaves for the next 6 months :( I am going to miss him so much and I keep trying to remain positive but its hard to keep back the tears. I haven't been apart from him in so long that I can't imagine how I will feel tomorrow night when I get home from work to an empty apartment. I just have to stay busy and during my break I will be focusing on my thesis and editing my films. I will have approx 4 weeks off! I am hoping Media will bring me back earlier than when 2nd semester starts so I can make a few bucks, see see?

Funny I have been having a lot of crazy dreams and sometimes Szymanski shows up in my dreams but sadly I am still unhappy with her that even in my dreams I make her either go away or I ignore her till she disappears. I wish she had handled things differently when I got robbed in Oct instead of projecting her issues onto me and when I wouldn't agree to them, she ended our friendship. That's pretty messed up if you ask me and not a real friend. A real friend would've agreed to disagree. Not insist they are right and I am wrong. She never wanted me to treat her as an equal but to excuse her no matter how far she went with things. She wanted me to broaden her "intellectual" horizon and I am like, go back to school and or get a job. But I went to grad school, I work 2 jobs and during my free time I like to have fun. Not have in-depth debates or be expected to her personal psycho-therapist instead of a friend. I long for things to be easier for us both but she won't change and I can't afford to have someone in my life who doesn't respect Jack, we're a package deal. Until she learns to accept that when it comes to couples, you have to respect their partners, you can't expect them to favor her over their uno numeros. Even when she was with Cliff, and I didn't particularly care for him and thought she could've done better, I never went out of my way to bad-mouth him or give her ultimatums about him. I accepted at the time they were together and if she was with him, she had her reasons.

No comments: