Thursday, March 17, 2011

Damn you Danger!

So Tmobile mails everyone who owns a
sidekick phone that the data carrier
company called Danger will no longer
be servicing Tmobile after May 31st!
This means I must part with my beloved
tmail account and phone number I've had
for at least 8 or more years. Ugh I
don't want to. And to add salt to
the wound the same letter announces
cheerfully that I could keep using my
sidekick for phone calls etc etc..
Useless to me. I need the data ONLY
plan which despites the ups and downs
of this company, Danger provided this
service.

This is so what I don't want
to think about. Buying a new phone,
aka my life cord. I tried to research
phones on the internet but this isn't
effective way for me to judge. One of
these days I will go to several major
cell phone carrier shops and have
someone show/demonstrate their
phones for me. I want one that's
affordable, that I can access the web,
email, text msg, take photos and
play games on. MAYbe a voice plan
since I can use the tcoil switch with
an nozifree ear piece and call my
Mom or Grandmother once in a while.
I don't know, because then people
start calling you and I can't handle
that....

I was tempted for a while to get an IPhone
after Blondie got hers last spring
with all the bells and whistles. I think the
apps are so cool! Like the GPS app or the
identify the song playing app and Blondie
has all these fun games to play. But
several things are holding me back.

1- I drop phones. And I've seen many students
with cracked IPhone screens knowing
I would be one of them if I owned an
IPhone.

2- you can't get the "data" only plan,
its automatic come with voice plans
which means more blood is shed, er
I mean more money parts my pockets!

3- I catch an occasional news about
whatever crisis IPhone is facing at the
time and I don't want to deal with it.
Danger had several major crisis that
made my phone unusable for as long
as 2-3 weeks....

4- IPhones are not cheap

I don't want Jack to help me pick out a
phone. He means well but he's a strict
PC user, where as I enjoy the best of
both world, PC & IMac etc etc. I find his
phone choices (and this man loves his
phone and goes through them like
klennex) I've seen many phones over
the years and still preferred my sidekick
the whole time. Nope this is one
technology-based decision I am going
to do solo.

Meanwhile I gotta start transferring
information off my phone and was
browsing through my photos. Some of
them I realized I hadn't posted yet.

These photos were taken on the way
to work 1 day. There's a small, short
woody trail between the metro-north
railroad stop and the campus I
work at. Au nautrelle and I've seen on
occasions, deers standing around,
no futher than 15 ft away from me.
Such a lovely sight to see.
Unfortunately my sidekick camera
makes objects seem further away
than they appear. Still sweet nonetheless

No comments: