Sunday, November 08, 2020

A Dying Breed

Alex Trebek and Baba were part of a dying breed where people carried themselves with class and dignity. We are not just mourning their absences but what they represented from an era long gone past. 

Today everyone is obsessed with looking good and staying young and whoring themselves for fame and money. Manners and common decency has gone out the window or rarely seen by current society standards. 

There is something to be said about maintaining a sense of decorum that seems to dwindle with each passing year and yet another reality show. 

Sure we are being ourselves but we can also be respectful. There is a time and a place for everything.

Nonetheless nothing ever stays still. So I best better evolve or perish. I admired Baba being 94 years old and enjoying her new Android phone over 9 years with iPhone. She also used a laptop, video msg with me, the internet to order groceries and rxes, etc., etc... The rest of my family lives like Ludites practically!  Even my Mom when she was alive was not interested in having a cell phone and impatient with her computer. But she loved talking into her t.v. remote to change the channel and enthusiastically showed me several times.  But my uncles not counting the one in California both hardly use any technology!

I am taking this week off from work to grieve and arranging a memorial service for Baba on Saturday afternoon. It has been a long 3 days. Grief is so tiring. 

No comments: