Sunday, November 08, 2020

Crossing all my Ts and doting all my Is

I realized last night in the early hours of the morning Baba waited until I checked off all the boxes and would be okay if she died. 
Baba got to see my life and my Deaf friends in NYC during the 3 months she lived with me and saw I have a wonderful life and support system there. 
Baba got to see me lose the COVID-19 weight gain and the day before she passed she told me how pretty I was. And the day she passed she remarked how flat my stomach is now. 
Baba got to see me teach online, see how I interact with my students and remarked what a great job I did. How engaged and attentive I am with my students. She remarked that it's no surprise that my students generally love me. 
Baba got to see my raise at work and my retirement funds and remarked that she was relieved I am financially stable even during this awful pandemic!
Baba waited to make sure I be okay without her. I am thankful for her strength to carry on with bad kidneys, several TIAs (mini strokes), breast cancer and embolism clots in her lungs. I don't know anyone else as strong as she was! And yet her mind remained intact and she never lost her sense of humor. I made her laugh all the time. I miss her so much. 
I know it was her time but it doesn't make her absences any less painful.

No comments: