Monday, November 23, 2020

Time runs differently when bereft!

[From Nov 20, 2020]
Does anyone else suddenly look up in surprise what time it is or even what day it is? Yesterday while waiting at the pharmacy there was a sign saying they be closed Wednesday 11th for Veteran's day. And I'm thinking at the time "today is Wednesday the 11th but they're open!" Then I looked at my phone, oh it is Wednesday 18th. Baba died on Thursday Nov 5th so it is like I lost a whole week in my mind. Even just now I think it is like 630pm but no it is almost 1030pm! 
The other day it was a Tuesday but in my mind all day it felt like it was Sunday!
I keep losing time. I feel like one of those figures in a video that doesn't move but the background is sped up to show long passage of time but the person hardly moves.

No comments: