Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Anchoredless

Feeling crestfallen and empty to live life without Baba.

All day long there was like a million little things I wanted to share with Baba but I can't.  No one gets me the way she does nor I for her. I have lost my biggest support system left in my life. I loved how forward thinking she was. How I could tell it like it was. No sugar coating, she was instrumental in every aspect of my life. I don't have her anymore and it is soul crushing for me at times. I go back and forth from being okay to snotty teared fest!

Baba was the only who actively signed with me for over 3 decades. I don't have anyone except one uncle who doesn't really use ASL to be so inclusive with me in my family. To take interest to Deaf Culture.  She remarked early last summer when she returned to PA to my uncle. "I was totally thrown into the Deaf world for 3 months no one was hearing everyone she encountered (limited numbers of visitors due to COVID-19) were all Deaf. She said to my uncle it could be difficult and lonely at times thats why she would use her iPhone and make calls. And I upon her request wore my hearing aids more often.  Being thrown in together at the height of COVID-19 outbreak last March plus dealing with my job all of a sudden online was a lot for us at 1st.  I was a tad bit grumpy, thankful that was short lived! 
We settled into a routine and by thr end of May she had had enough NYC specifically the noise. I am grateful for that time we had together so she saw how enriched my life truly is.

I am also so proud of her obituary, I wanted to lovingly capture the woman she was. But my 1 uncle wasn't happy about it. We have made up. Live and let live. 

No comments: