Friday, November 06, 2020

My Alice Has Gone Beyond The Looking Glass

Baba passed away quickly earlier this evening.
I was with her in her final moments and told her I would be fine, that it was okay to go. And she let out a final deep breath.
We had no idea she would die a few hours ago. I left the room for less than a minute when she suddenly was acting very strangely and I asked her if something was wrong? Her eyes were large and she shook her head yes.  I pulled the cord and I ran to get the nurse and by the time we got back, she died within 5-10 mins later. I am heartbroken, my uncles are here with me now. We are waiting for cremation services to come and get her body. 
I didn't cry when she was dying and I thank G-d I was able to be strong for her. Earlier today I told her what if life the afterlife there is no cable. But instead you have a remote control and can change the channel and see me teaching on one channel and my Uncle reading a book on another channel? Baba laughed and said that would be "lovely darling"
So my darling Baba, my best friend, my dearest of hearts, may you rest in peace with your Mother, your sister Miriam and my Mom.

No comments: