Saturday, November 14, 2020

Ghosts or Living Exes of the Past and Grief

Last Sunday my last ex's mother sends me one of random weird texts with just an odd lookng flower photo attached and no text msg itself. 
I responded back that Baba had just died and to please let my ex know.  I didn't think I hear back from him.i figured he be gleeful that Baba died, 

I almost wonder if my 2nd ex aka the Tin Man would feel that way too? I hope not because the Tin Man treated Baba better than anyone else in his life including myself or his Mom. They agreed on a lot, I used to joke my 2nd ex was born in the wrong era.  
The Tin Man would remind me to be kinder to Baba like that time she bought my new hearing aids and aked what I thought of them.  And instead of being gracious, I was nonchalant, my Deaf pride got in thr way of a loving and expensive gift I was being bestowed. I learned a lot about pride and dignity from both Baba and my 2nd ex.

My last ex has been a good distraction to me but I try not to rely on that solely. I must forge ahead. 

No comments: