Tuesday, January 09, 2007

28 Days Later

Tonight was probably my toughest ASL class by far. A pair of 3 year olds, one boy and one girl. Cute as buttons :D But of course as many people know toddlers and preschoolers have extremely short attention spans. I must make a note to pick up some flash cards with pictures before I meet with them again. I am happy because I was able to set up my work schedule so I am working the same days and times.

Last night watched 28 Days Later. Its probably the closest thing to horror films as I get. People know I hate Horror films, esp the hack and slash type where a group of people get eliminated one by one. The only reason I can stomach the movie as it involves a plague/virus type event in a major urban city. I have always been a fan of the "end of the world" type movies. Like Independence Day, Deep Impact, The Core, Outbreak... and so on.
Finished the 3rd tape of PAWs for logging purposes, am happy because by doing so I am already making some decisions as to what scenes to use, which ones not to use. I will admit I prefer my finished product to be as neat as possible in the sense there should never be a "lag" time where the audience has to wait for something to happen or the cuts are too early or too late. Some of the scenes while orginal, not usable. Only 1 mini dv to go and then its on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Jenny.

Yes I enjoyed 28 Days Later as I find it a different kind of horror (I'm a big horror fan myself) and found it creepy. Like how Cillian Murphy's character (forgot his name) woke up to the city without a single human around. It would be a fucked up scene to wake up to.

There'll be a sequel, 28 Weeks Later coming this year. Different actors, and taking place in America, about a couple of survivors moved to America only to bring the virus with them. You can guess the rest. :)

Till then,
Will

Anonymous said...

buy, like, memory or something. that'll keep them entertained and educated?

sorry i've been a lousy reader for a few months now. not mean! not mean! you know i got fired from cinti state cuz of 28 days later.