Wednesday, January 24, 2007

FlashKit RULz!

If you ever need sound effects or sound loops for free go to Flashkit and download either the wav files or mp3 files. I havent figured out the mp3 files. I am determine to have the GGG movie ready for Lopez this Monday, no ifs ands or butts. Means I wont get to see my Sweetie much this weekend, I am hoping he can come over Saturday evening and help me polish the sounds before we head back downtown where I will spend the night and we hit a few bookstores the next day. I really want to go to this one called UsedBookCafe located at 126 Crosby Street, NYC 10012, the nearest Subways:W / R to Prince Street; B / D / F / V to Broadway-Lafayette; 6 to Bleecker Street. What's cool is that all of the profits goes to Housing Works that provides numerous services to the HIV/AIDs homeless population. And Eddie, what a sweetheart, got me a book certificate for Barnes and Nobles which is very close by to Clyde's apt.

Speaking of being thrifty, we're both kinda following Keri's influence of NBI (Not buying IT!) because he got hit with an unexpected bill right before the holidays that put a damper on the New Year for him and well, me, I never have enuff money! Just enuff to squeak by and thats only due to Baba's help and support. So I am trying to see if I can find inexpensive ways for us to enjoy each other's company. We have a chess board, skipbo and an 80's/90's trivia game that I brought him for the holidays recently. Plus we're both movie buffs and he has all the paid channels so that saves us a few pennies here and there.

As for Wednesday night's ASL class, my supervisor is gonna wait 1 more week to see if the number of enrollment increases otherwise I gotta wait till the Spring quarter to teach ASL II on Wednesdays. Luckily for me Eddie is cool letting me work 8 hrs on Wednesdays so I can get in 16 hours a week on Mondays and Wednesdays.

I left my new PSP at Clyde's place, bummer because I was itching to play video games last night. I also had a major bout of insonmia where I was up till 7am, just couldn't sleep. Nothing upsetting happened recently but every few months, I suffer a few days of not sleeping much or at all. I got about 5 hours of sleep before coming to work today. I am not much use for lesson planning, luckily I did most of it this past Monday, whew!

Tonight I will go over to Szymanski's new pad and check out her roommate who may be slightly OCD and well psycho. I'm curious to meet her myself. My roomie L is cool, she and I respect eachother's space and its easy to hang out with her or not to hang out with her. She's hardly been home, working hard as a flight attendant. Hmm I never thought I would end up rooming with someone who does that for a living. Its kinda one of those things where you always wondered what the people who serve you on the plane do in their free time. The answer? SLEEP, their hours are majorly screwy and my roommate sleeps for a few hours at a time due to the numerous shifts she accepts.

Dates to bookmark or red-ink on your calendar



January 28, 2007 the 4th season of The L Word with Marlee Matlin and Jon Wolfe Nelson. This is only on ShowTime (paid channel) and the show deals with issues of GLBT, focuses primarily on the Lesbian community. I love the show but if you're not ok with GLBT then I wouldn't advise this as a show for you.

March 21st, 2007 PBS will air a 2 hour documentary that explores the past 200 years of the Deaf life in America. I am hoping to record it. It would be a good resource for future ASL classes that I teach. I just hope it doesn't come off making us look inept or invalids. Thats my biggest fear when it comes to tv and deaf related issues. Hollywood has failed us so many times but PBS is pretty reputable. Now if only the TLC would do a reality show called "Living in the Deaf World" like their other show Little People, Big World that shows the lives of a family made up primarily of Little People.



Alrighty, I am outta here :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved UsedBookCafe's vibe when I visited there myself! :) Hadn't sampled anything from the cafe but I certainly treated myself to a couple of marked-down greeting cards and postcards after an hour of browsing through books.

It's close to Bowery Poetry, by the way.

P.S. Mom's out of the hospital as of Monday eve; still recovering at a family friend's. I hope to see ya come February. I also hope my work week will be friendlier than your anticipated visit.