Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Minnesota's Deaf Shootings & Suicide

Curt Slater was recently shot by a guy name Paul Koster who then killed himself. Ridor speculates it could be based on infidelity issues on the Koster's behalf. Man what can I say? I knew Curt back at MSSD. We weren't friends but we weren"t enemies. Overall I never thought he was a very nice guy. But I didn't know him as an adult. Kinda forgot about him till tonight when I saw his name on Ridor's blog. You can read more about it at wwco.

I think the last few times I saw Curt was on Gally campus mid 90s when I transferred there from Pitt University. I feel very bad for the little girl who has to grow up around this. It'll probably be another "Dupree" syndrome...

Reminded me about that one deaf guy who killed I think a woman about 4 or 5 years ago. I think he was originally from Boston but the murder may have taken place elsewhere. He was 2 or 3 years ahead of me at MSSD. I only knew him a short while. I saw him about a year before he committed the muder(s) at a coffee/bar house in DC..He was smoking cigerrattes just like he did back in HS.. I was friendly with him, he was very tall and skinny. That one surprised me more than Curt above.

One last thing, as I was reading the comment's left on Ridor's blog about Curt Slater I was kinda surprised at the backlash. I mean come on, this story was gonna leak out one way or another. You know what they say in the hearing world "Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game!"

No comments: